Courtroom procedurals dominate pop culture, but the reality of litigation is less dramatic, more time consuming and increasingly complex. We use a cost-benefit approach to resolve many matters before trial and employ experienced negotiation tactics, vigorous advocacy skills, strategic legal approaches and exhaustive research to defend your rights and prosecute your claims.
We concentrate in the following types of litigation:
- Probate: When disputes or confusion over a Will or a Trust arise, a special Probate section of the Court handles the case. We represent your interests in these proceedings, which determine if a will is valid, interpret its provisions, and resolve any additional issues among the parties.
- Appellate: Courts can make mistakes. If you have been negatively affected by an error in a lower court, we are prepared to mount the appropriate appeals. Several of our appellate victories have resulted in published case decisions that determine law for future cases.
- Commercial: In a 21st century business environment, some cases are unusually complex from the outset and need to reconciled before the courts. We are adept in handling negotiations and presenting arguments that position your business to obtain a favorable outcome while keeping costs manageable.
- Federal: Disputes involving entities from different states, or those turning on federal questions — such as fundamental rights — are the domain of the Federal Courts. Our attorneys are experienced in litigating before these courts in both New York and New Jersey, and have worked on complex federal litigation involving thousands of parties and many distinct issues.
- Construction: Countless issues may arise during and after the construction process — from agreements between property owners and general contractors to defective design issues that emerge months or years later. We are familiar with the intricacies of property law and construction regulation and have effectively represented defendants and plaintiffs in these disputes.
- Real Property / Title: Real property is often your most valuable asset, and resolving issues of ownership, access rights, divestment rights and title clearance are critical to preserving your property’s value. We have decades of experience helping property owners navigate the intricacies of these and other questions, including encumbrances, boundary and land disputes, and foreclosure proceedings.
- Contract: From formal documents to verbal agreements, individuals and companies enter into contracts every day. When the terms of a contract are breached, a lawsuit often follows. Whether we negotiated the original contract or not, our attorneys employ all resources under the law to protect your rights and interests.